HTML Web browser for all Series 60 phones with SSL support and an easy navigation system. Written from the ground up for Symbian
Written from the ground up for Symbian OS, the features of Doris Browser include:
- HTML interpreter, displaying pictures (JPEG, GIF, PNG and BMP), forms, server-side and client-side image maps.
- Cookies (removed when the application is closed).
- SSL support (secure web sites).
- Easy and intuitive one-handed navigation.
- A dynamic, 500 kB cache to speed up browsing and reduce network the amount of network traffic.
- The back button remembers 30 last visited pages.
- Up to 1000 bookmarks (a maximum of 5 in evaluation version).
- English or Finnish language.
And much more!
Accessing often-visited Web pages is a snap by using the predefined keyboard shortcuts. Just start up the Browser and press the key "1", and you are taken to the first page in your bookmark list. Browsing the Web can hardly be easier than that.
Doris does not attempt to duplicate the original Web page design. The primary goal is to represent the page content and allow viewing and reading the pages as conveniently as possible.
A Web Browser that uses up only 190 KB of your precious phone memory space after installed, is that really possible? Yes! To make it happen, we decided to leave out anything we could, including all decorations and background images. Doris is a Web surfer's tool, plain and simple. The memory space of your imaging phone belongs to your images.