The custom firmware for the Nokia 5800 v60.0.003 " iDroid "based on the latest firmware of Nokia C6 42.0.04 updated to V9.1.4. The new version brings with it the updated applications, bug fixes, several new tweaks and improvements.
In this new version you can find, besides English, also the Italian language. Below you will find the official version changelog:
Nokia Beautiful Icons
S ^ 3 theme effects and graphics
Nokia Maps 3.6
Updated fix leds
Updated graphics system
Nokia Audio Codec X7
Fixed behavior of white LED
Fixati voice commands
Fixate Playlist Music Player
Integrated databases Time Zones 3.0
Updated Nokia Store 1.22 (15)
Updated Nokia Browser 184.108.40.206
To download the firmware:
Part 1 : Here
Part 2 : Here
How to Install,very simple.
1st Step: Make sure you have the following;
1. Nokia 5800 XpressMusic with RM-356 type. *Check it by pressing *#0000#.
2. Cable with driver installed. *For flashing purpose.
3. Download appropriate files. *IDroid firmware off course from above links.
4. Nokia Ovi Suite / PC Suite. *For backup purpose.
2nd Step: Flashing process;
1. Download Navifirm from here. *This small application is needed to download original firmware of your phone.
2. Next, download Nokia Flash Tools archive files with contains JAF Tools and JAF PKEY Emulator.
3. Extract the Navifirm Anywhere with the use of any zip archiver and run it. *You should have Dotnet Framework 2.0 installed in your pc.
4. Download the original firmware from your phone using Navifirm. *Make sure you select the correct phone model with correct RM-XXX type. (Nokia 5800XM with RM-356 in this case) IMPORTANT STEP!
5. Install Nokia Ovi Suite / PC Suite if you don't have it installed already. *Cable drivers are installed with them and needed.
6. Now if you have already downloaded the firmware from the Navifirm, paste all the files to C:\Program Files\Nokia\phoenix\products\RM-356\ *If the directory doesn't exist, create it manually.
7. Next, extract Nokia Flash Tools that you have downloaded. Install the JAF Tool and now copy the Jaf_nok4models.ini file and Pkey_emulator.exe file to C:\Program Files\Odeon\JAF\.
8. Now, paste the IDroid firmware and replace the files in C:\Program Files\Nokia\phoenix\products\RM-356 folder.
9. A custom firmware mostly use 3 files (ROFS2, ROFS3 and UDA).
10. Run JAF PKEY Emulator application.
11. Make sure to tick "Random PKEY Raskal SN" and "JAF Main". IMPORTANT STEP! Then, click Go button in step 3.
12. Once JAF Tool is open, go to "BB5" tab.
13. Tick "Manual Flash", "Dead USB", "Normal mode" and "use INI". *Leave other fields UN-TICK. IMPORTANT STEP!
14. After you tick "use INI", select the phone which you want to flash and connect it to your pc after switching it off.> IMPORTANT STEP!
15. When everything is done, click "on Flash". *This step will start flashing your phone.
16. Then click "Yes" when a dialog appears.
17. Now just press the Power Button on your phone a little. *Hold on about 1 second only.
18. Flashing will start and will complete soon and you will see a "Done" message in JAF window.
3rd Step: Post-flashing process;
1. Now remove your phone and take out the battery. After that, put it back and start your phone. *You need to Hard Reset after your cellphone is start up.
2. When home screen is appear, wait until all installation is successful.
3. Do hard reset to make sure your phone is bug free. *Press *#7370*. If it ask for security code, just insert 12345 as it is a default factory code from Nokia or just do this; hold Green, Red and Camera key while pressing power button on the top of you cellphone..
You are done. Now you can enjoy "IDroid" in your Nokia 5800 XpressMusic.
if you like it then Please don't forget to click Thanks