This Application Is Not For java game
This utility has been written to help you make Symbian Installation Files without become crazy with scripts. It will help *****ers to rebuild up a program after *****ing it, or to distribute a group of files in one package.
NOTE: The Makesis folder should be copied near the root folder, don't choose too long paths please.
Step by Step guide:
1) Select the folder wich contain all files that will be installed to the device. The Project folder must be structured as it will appear on device memory. For example, if you want to put the file "hello.txt" on "x:\System\Apps\MyApp\", you must put the file on "x:\...\projectname\System\Apps\MyApp\he llo.txt" and specify "x:\...\projectname\" on the "Project path" textbox.
NOTE: The path must not be too long, and must not contain spaces. I suggest you to make a new dir on c: like "C:\MySisProj\"
2) Select the destination folder. By default is the same as origin.
3) Select a language for the installation. The default is English. In future, multiple languages support will be added.
4) Insert the name of the program, that will be displayed during installation.
5) Insert an UID number. You can also take it from the original sis file that you previously disassembled (and *****ed) to make it compatible with it.
Important info about UID:
The application UID is a unique identifier for the application. Because UIDs are fundamental to Symbian, it is important that they are used correctly when developing programs. To ensure uniqueness, it is essential that UIDs be properly allocated. Uniqueness is guaranteed by managing allocation centrally from a single database. All UIDs must therefore be assigned to users by a central allocating authority. The only exception to this rule a reserved range of values which may be used as UIDs by developers during development but which must not be used in released software.
During development temporary UIDs may be chosen from the range 0x01000000 to 0x0fffffff. Care must still be taken to avoid clashes within development teams and between multiple projects, including old projects, which may be installed on emulator or native platforms. UID clashes may stop a program from loading correctly, typically leading to Not Found errors.
6) Select "Support all symbians" will make the sis compatible with all Symbian devices (to test). Uncheck it will cause the msgbox "Application may not be compatible with phone. Abort?" popup.
7) Insert a version. On the first box goes the Major relase, on the second the Minor relase and on the third the Build.
Click on "Create .sis file". If no errors happened, sis file will be placed in the folder you specified before. A better error handling will be added on next version.
The program adds a popup during the installation of the sis file. On the next version I will add an option to register (for free, only to see how many ppl is using my prog! no spam will be sent to you! you can tell if you don't want to be informed about new relases.) to get rid of this and add a custom popup message. If you appreciate my work please send me a mail at gip_mad*email.it and as soon as I complete the next version I will send you the new version with a reg code.
Maybe in future I will also make the source code free for all...
If you are english and you can make a better grammatically-correct version of this guide fell free to send it to me.