Talkonaut v4.09.04 S60 2nd Edition - Jabber GoogleTalk ICQ MSN AIM & Yahoo Client
Talkonaut™ is freely available, VoIP enabled, Google Talk™ like application for your mobile phone. Talkonaut™ supports Jabber, Google Talk, ICQ, MSN, AIM and Yahoo networks for chatting and voice calling.
The ourstanding feature of Symbian S60 edition of Talkonaut is "VoIP over GPRS" capability, that allows you to make free long distance and overseas calls utilizing your data connection such as GPRS, EDGE, 3G or WIFI.
Using a set of narrow-band Speex codecs and relying on Jingle Audio extension to XMPP protocol (same as implemented in Google Talk), Talkonaut now brings to the world a very powerful combination of IM chat, Presence and VoIP calls made over data connection. Unlike standard SIP stack, that is available on some Nokia smart-phones, Talkonaut is not bound to WIFI only, and can make calls over GPRS, EDGE, 3G or WIFI. Talkonaut does not require to do any VoIP configuration and overcomes all the hassle with SIP settings.
Talkonaut 4.0 allows to receive free calls from SIP phones (or any other VoIP networks), from Google Talk, MSN, Yahoo, AIM and ICQ users.
Talkonaut 4.0 allows to define any number of SIP accounts and use them to make free or cheap calls over third-party VoIP/SIP carriers. A flexible Dialing Plan feature is helpful for choosing routes to destinations between different carriers.
- Free calls to Google Talk, MSN/Live Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, SIP phones and other Talkonaut™ fellows right from your mobile over GPRS, EDGE, 3G or WIFI connection.
- Cheap calls to mobile and landline phones using GTalk2VoIP infrastructure.
- Free calls using your existing SIP accounts from major public SIP services like: voipstunt.com, sipnet.ru, etc.
- Sending and receiving IM messages and invitations for all major IM networks: Google Talk, Jabber, ICQ, MSN, AIM and Yahoo.
- User-defined status messages and displaying status messages of your contacts right in the roster.
- Flexible contact list management: searching, adding, removing and renaming contacts; organizing contacts in groups by IM network type; user-defined groups of contacts.
- Intuitive full-screen graphics, with tabs and popup messages; well structured menus, quick access by hot-keys and lots more.
- Navigation using joystick and key-pad (customizable), support for touch-screen inputs (stylus).
- Built-in smileys support.
- Customizable alarms and notifications using sounds and vibration.
- Multi-language: English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Ukrainian and Russian languages are currently supported.
- Viewing contacts' vCards; modifying your own vCard.
- Multi-user chats (text conferences) complient with Jabber standard. Lots of existing chat rooms available.
- Full-featured conference moderation and private chat support.
- File transfer according to Jabber standard.
- Support for Jabber Service Discovery to work with other IM transports, to search ICQ contacts and to send SMS messages over Mail.RU Agent.
- Support for ZLib traffic compression, which reduces GPRS traffic consumeption in 5-10 times.
- Support for encrypted SSL connection.
- Support for HTTP Binding which makes possible to use Talkonaut over WAP and limited GPRS connections.
- Support for modified User-Agent to pass proxy connection for some mobile carriers (O2 in Germany).
- QWERTY input support for mobile phones with QWERTY keyboards (like: Nokia E61, Nokia E70, QTEK 9100, etc).