After we have seen how to create your own shortcut widget to bookmarks and applications, what do you think if you do that more easily within your symbian device in a few steps?
That's why Widget Creator by Uhm v0.2.3 is here, it allows you to create widgets with shortcuts to applications for Symbian S60 5th Edition phones like 5800, Samsung i8910 HD etc.
1. Connect your phone to your PC as external drive (or use any other convenient method to get access to internal drives of your phone).
2. Create a folder where you want to store icons and widgets (by default, E:\icons is used).
3. Copy the icons you want to use in your widget as links to applications to the folder you have just created on your phone. Use png icons only, best results will be achieved if all the icons have transparent background and same size. I recommend using icons sized 100x100 pixels or less.
4. If the phone is still connected to your PC as external drive, disconnect the cable from your phone.
5. Launch the program (Menu - Applications - Widget Creator).
6. If the folder you want to use is not E:\icons, choose Options - Working Directory and select the folder where the icons are stored.
7. Use green squares near the bottom of the screen to select desired widget parameters:
* "x" denotes number of icon columns in your widget
* "y" denotes number of icon rows
* "w" denotes the width of each icon
* "h" denotes the height of each icon
8. Fill the yellow squares with links to applications you want to use. Touch the square to open a list of installed programs, select the program and then the icon to use for that program.
9. Fill all the yellow squares you want (you can leave some of them blank), and touch the blue button named "Create widget" when you are done.
10. A message will appear on your screen, showing you the name of your new widget (it should be like Applauncher[date]-[time].wgt, where [date] and [time] will be replaced by date and time of widget creation).
11. Close the Widget Creator program.
12. Open your phone's File manager, browse to the folder where you stored your icons (see paragraph 6).
13. Touch the widget file you have just created. Your widget is now installed to your phone and available at the widgets side toolbar.
14. Switch to your phone's desktop, open the sidebar and drag your new widget to any desired place on your screen.