BLU Life One

PS3 and X-Box360 debate. Need your answers.?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Rodney 5 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Nick S

Me and my mates were discussing which console was best. PS3 or Xbox360. I said PS3 and they said xbox. Can you give me some reasons why PS3 is better then xbox?

Rodney

No but i have two words for you why xbox is better… HALO hello?

g

As far as hardware is concerned, i would go with the ps3, simply because it does not have a history of overheating like the Xbox360 does. PS3 also comes with a blueray player that you don’t need to pay extra for, it also has motion sensing controllers and you don’t have to pay to play online like you do with the 360.

lntrinsic

Personally I am used to PS controller… Also because of the following:

-Bluray
    -Games are Region Free which is a plus…
    -Exclusive titles like: Metal Gear Solid,Demon’s Souls, God of War, White Knight Chronicles, Drackes Uncharted, KillZone, and many more… Compare the exclusive games Xbox Got with the PS you will find that the quality of the PS3 exclusives is very good…
    -Free online Play…
    -PS3 was made to last at least ten years so the power of it is still unutilized…

Other than that it depends on your preferences…

Simon

i would say xbox is better. I mean you gotta have HALO, the controller is so much more comfortable in your hand, its cheaper, better online play (the xboxlive is a lot easier to communicate with friends and stuff) and a lot of features with the microsoft points and stuff.

Cesc_Sanchez_sergio

PS3 has
    -blu ray
    -wireless
    -free online play
    The ps3 system is better and it has much more power then the xbox although developer have yet to fully harness its true power

the XBOX360
    -has better online play
    -better games(for me atleast)
    -more exclusive dlc
    currently the developers are developing more games for the 360 beacuse its easier to develop and also more downloadble content(dlc) as compared to the ps3 and cross platform games generally look and perfom better on the xbox and it used to be cheaper

But in time to come i am sure the ps3 will outdo the xbox as now its same price and also u dont have to pay for a wireless adapter to connect online, unlike the 360 which is wired for online unless u fork out extra cash and also the online has to be paid for. But i prefer the 360 games as of now. But the ps3 i feel is the superior system other then the better online and games on the 360.

preacher jonson

I have an xbox360 and bought a PS3 yesterday so I don’t really have much to say on it but so far iv found the PS3 controller to be too small for my shovel hands, the analog sticks or quite slippy and small. I haven’t seen any difference in quality with the blu-ray to the xbox and when iv tried making an online account its pretty confident that I don’t know my own password. As for the RROD sure it’s a terrible thing but who cares really? This kind of argument never seems to include the fact that the PS3 was made later than the 360 so its bound to be better, the fact that the 360 matches up to the PS3 is proof enough that its good

Jesse

ps3 is way better then xbox, it has better graphics better games, it uses blu ray wich is 5 times more memory then dvd, it has a better proccesor it has better online play and its free, the xbox has a 60% death rate and ps3 only has a 1% death rate GET A PS3, and get uncharted 2

mark s

The PS3 is more powerful, this really only matters in exclusive games like Killzone 2, Uncharted etc. as multi-platform publishers have little incentive to add the resources required to get the best out of the PS3.

Blu Ray will store 50GB, five times the maximum the XB360 will store. Again this is more an issue when it comes to exclusives, but Metal Gear Solid for example fills a 50GB blu-ray disk.

Gigabit Ethernet. Not so relevant for purely gaming, but it means you can play high quality video from a media server on the PS3 without the stuttering a 360 will produce.

First Party developers. Sony has more, thus you will get more exclusives.

You can’t play games if your console is away being repaired, and the PS3 has a failure of around 1%, the 360 around 30%. Now M$ insist they have fixed it (for the third time).

All this, of course, is mute if your friends want to play Halo…

PlayStrum

Try some of these:

~Price – For $ 300, you get everything you need in a console. It has bluetooth, wifi, free online service, netflix, Life with PlayStation, PS Home and more for just that one admission tag of $ 300. All of those named above and much more is available for no extra cost.

~Reliability – Under 10% compared to the above 33% and possibly 54% (estimation) on the 360, you won’t have to worry too much about your PS3 breaking.

~Life Cycle – It will last you longer than any console you have right now. Launched in 2006, the PS3 will go on well past next year and into 2016 and beyond. The Wii is expected to get dumped for a new Nintendo console by 2011 at least, while the new Microsoft console is also expected for 2011.

~Online Service – PlayStation Network. It’s free, it’s fun, it’s lag-free and it constantly grows. When signing up, you get treated to PlayStation Home, free demos and videos, movies, TV Shows, music, Netflix and more. PSN runs on dedicated servers, which gives gamers an almost entirely lag-free experience. Only downside is that the developers choose when they want to bring their servers down.

~Games – The PS3 now has the highest rated exclusive game of all time (Uncharted 2: Among Thieves). Other AAA titles/franchises include:

Metal Gear Solid 4
    LittleBigPlanet
    MotorStorm
    Resistance
    Killzone 2
    inFamous
    Ratchet & Clank
    Warhawk
    MLB: The Show
    Heavenly Sword

as well as upcoming titles. Those games up there are just some that I would recommend to you. Very well worth it.

If this was 2006-2007, I would tell you to get an Xbox 360. It is now 2009, and the PlayStation 3 is a whole new beast.

For $ 300, you get things built into your system that the Xbox 360 would cost more for. It costs more to maintain and enhance your 360 experience, and the games feel slightly outdated in this day and age.

Blu-Ray is not on the Xbox 360, so if you ever want to watch a Blu-Ray movie, it would cost you a whole different standalone product, unless you get the PlayStation 3.

Uncharted 2 is praised as being the best looking game on any platform to date. Recently, it became the highest rated exclusive game of all time, with a 97% metacritic score. Yes, that’s above Halo and Mario. Many more games will be released both exclusively and multiplatform for the system well after both the Xbox 360 and Wii are gone.

If you like taking trips to the past, PlayStation 1 (and soon PS2 & Dreamcast) games are accessible through the PlayStation Store.

$ 60 would buy you a game with all it’s features on the PS3. On the 360, you would have to give Microsoft an extra $ 50 annually for the privilege to use that game to it’s full potential.

$ 200-$ 300 can buy you a console with features that would cost you extra separately and a failure rate well over 30%. Or, it can buy you the 3rd fastest selling console of all time (believe it or not, but it’s true. PS2 is number 1, Wii is number 2) with less than 9% failure rate.

OnlinePredator

Both same thing, PS3 is cheaper. All you need to know.

For in-depth, keep reading. Both 360 and PS3 are the same price initially without add ons, remember that.

—————
    360:
    $ 100 – Wifi Adapter
    $ 50 a year – Online Gaming
    $ 30 – Charge controller
    $ 20 – Intercooling fan
    $ 100 – HD DVD
    None – Internet Broswer

PS3:
    Free – Built in Wifi
    Free – Online Gaming
    Free – USB to charge controller
    Free – Built in Fan
    Free – Blu-Ray Player
    Free – Internet Browser
    ——–
    360: If you are subscribed to Netflix, you can watch movies.

PS3: If you live in Europe, you can download this free application that can play up to 100,000+ music videos for free, anytime you want. For America, we are still waiting. Netflix coming to PS3 in November.
    ———
    360: Unfortunately, it has a 35%+ Failure rate, but it comes with a 3 year warranty.

PS3: Has about a 2-5% Failure rate. Comes with 1 year warranty.
    ———
    360:
    Halo 3 – Shooter
    Halo ODST – Shooter
    Halo Recon – Shooter [Not out yet]
    Halo Wars – Strategy
    Gears of War – Shooter
    Left 4 Dead – Shooter
    Alan Wake – Horror/Action
    Forza – Racing
    Fable – RPG
    Splinter Cell – Stealth Action [Not out yet]

PS3:
    Killzone – Shooter
    Resistance – Shooter
    MAG – Shooter [256 players online, not out yet. Most games have only 16 players online]
    Metal Gear Solid – Stealth Action
    God of War – Action [Not out yet, March 2010]
    Gran Turismo – Racing [Not out yet]
    Motorstorm – Racing
    ModNation Racers – Racing [Not out yet]
    LittleBigPlanet – Platforming
    White Knight Chronicles – RPG [Not out yet]
    Demons Souls – RPG
    Ratchet and Clank – Platformer
    Uncharted 2 – Action
    inFamous – Sandbox/Superhero
    Agent – Sandbox [Made by the same people who made Grand Theft Auto but Agent will be bigger. Coming out 2010]

^^^Exclusives for each system

Basically if you want to save more money and have a wider variety of games, PS3 is your choice.

Keith

For Me, I would have to say the PlayStation 3 hands down.

The total Cost of Ownership is lower on a PS3 and I think the graphics are better on the PS3, depending on the TV that you have.

If you have a Full HDTV (one that displays in 1080p), the PS3 is the only one that can play in 1080p. If you have an HDTV (one that plays in 720p), both systems can handle that resolution.

The PS3 can play Blu-Ray movies, and yes, you can tell the difference. Also, the PS3 will play, and up-convert your regular DVDs to play at 1080p. The XBox360 cannot do that.

PlayStation 3 has The PlayStation Store, where you can buy classic PS1 games, games made specifically for PlayStation 3, as well as add-ons for games that you may already have on your system. You can also buy Movies to play on the PS3, as well as NetFlix starting a service for the PlayStation 3 next year.

When you get a PlayStation 3, it comes with a PlayStation Network (PSN) account for free. This includes access to The PlayStation Store, PlayStation@Home (which is like an online game in itself with lots of mini-games and interaction with people in the form of avatars from around the world), Life with PlayStation (which is a program that includes “Folding@home” [SETI@Home's brother], as well as news and weather feeds from around the world) and Online Play and Tournaments…For Free, not $ 50 a year

The PS3 also includes a built-in Internet Browser, so you can even search the web from the console. Something you can’t do on an XBox 360.

You can store your music and movies on the PS3, as well as on an XBox 360.

Everything you need to go online is included in the PS3, Ethernet port to connect a wire to your PS3, and built-in Wireless capability, which would cost $ 100 extra on the XBox 360.

All versions of the PS3 have a user-upgradable Hard Drive, so you could buy from day 1, a 20GB PS3 and upgrade the hard drive to 500GB if you wanted to. I have a 60GB model from the start, and recently upgraded the Hard Drive to a 500GB Hard Drive Myself.

The XBox 360 Arcade version doesn’t even have a hard drive, and the elite does not have a third party upgradeable Hard Drive, you have to buy one from Microsoft, and they don’t have a 500GB option.

For My money, the PlayStation 3 wins on all fronts. Games to Me look better on the PS3, I can go online without having to spend extra money other than the cost of My internet service; More of the games I want are on PS3. And all of the DLC that is now on the XBox360 does make it’s way to the PlayStation 3, so I am not denied any content.

To put it simply, the XBox 360 is meant to be part of your Home Theatre System, the PlayStation 3 is meant to BE your Home Theatre System

I hope this answers your question

Good Luck & Good Gaming

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Smart phone community