HTC Desire U

Music files as Message tones on the HTC desire?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mark 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Karen

I have recently bought a HTC Desire,and I was wondering How I could put a Music file on as my message tone/notification tone.

Mark

only your provider can make your notification tone.

Bob

I bought one too. It’s quite easy to do the ringtone thing – When you’re in the music player listening to your track, just press the menu key and the option is there as “set as ringtone”. Press that button and then you get two further options “phone ringtone” or “contact ringtone”.

The main advantage over android phones is that pretty much every aspect of themes, ringtones, etc is user customize-able.

The link below goes to HTC’s website where you can download your brochure, although the PDF file is on the included SD card that “came with your phone?”. Have you accessed your internal drive yet?

You can’t actually add them to the list of ringtones, but you can change them as often as you like with the music player, so who cares huh?!

Anyway hope this helps and you never have to buy a ring tone ever again!!!!

I am working on the file system at the moment to see if various (hack like) things are possible and if I find a way of doing this, I’ll make it public anyway (I’ve only had my phone a few days and came accross your thread while doing research).

Anyway look at me nattering, I’ve gotta get back to work!!! (Groan!!!)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Smart phone community