• July 3, 2011 at 7:56 pm

I purchased the Ascend in Mid March of this year. Now I do use my phone A LOT. I text frequently,but I don’t have many apps at all,just facebook and the stock ones that came with the phone. Now I have it updated to 2.2. thinking that the update would make the phone faster but its just gotten worse. 3 out of 5 times when I click on the messaging icon it will say “Not responding : FORCE CLOSE/WAIT” . And when it doesn’t do that it takes 30 seconds for the screen to even recognize that I clicked on something. It’s getting ridiculous. When someone calls me the screen sometimes goes black but I can hear my ringtone and then I miss the call. Doing anything on this phone is a pain in the ass,what can I do?
    I have reset the phone before,worked like a charm,and then a few hours later its back to where it was in the first place. Both of my parents have the same phone,they have a FEW problems but not anywhere close to how many problems I have with the phone,mainly because they probably don’t use it like I do

• July 4, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Yes, they tend to freeze alot, that is what stopped me from getting one, 5 people in the store waiting for tech help same types of problems, try reset the phone/battery pull or reformat the device.

• July 4, 2011 at 1:12 pm

before you do any type of master reseting…. try cleaning your cache first… people would be soo surprised that a simple scrub can fix ALOT of latency issues

https://market.android.com/details?id=mobi.infolife.cache&feature=search_result

run the cleaner.. the powercycle… turn off.. pop out battery.. wait 2-3 minutes… reinsert battery and turn on… A good 2 min powercycle helps to clear clear DNS cache too…

if that still doesnt help, then master reset the phone…