Opera 4 - Codename Dimension
Opera Mini 4 (Dimension) Beta is now available on the Opera website. The new mobile browser is a small download that is designed to give the non-smartphone user a full web experience. Just go to mini.opera.com/beta and click “Download Opera Mini” then follow the instructions to get it all set up. Mini 4 is a nice small download with the browser based on all new code with some great features included. Opera is looking to bring a full internet experience to the mobile browser.
New Features Include:
* “X marks the spot”: Opera will suggest a place to start, then it will zoom in so you can clearly the content.
* Virtual Mouse: An included virtual mouse to make it easy to scroll in any direction.
* Power Scrolling: Scroll using the keypad. Hit 2 for up, 4 to go left, 6 to go right, 8 to go down and 5 to zoom in and out.
* Fast Browsing: Opera Mini will load pages 2x faster than other mobile browsers.
* Quick access to context menu: Hit 1 to open the menu. Once the menu is open you can turn on/off Small Screen Rendering (Fit to width), choose to Load Images, Reload the page, and also use “Open Image” to load the original full size image.
Some great new features included in the new Opera 4 Mini, although still in Beta it is available for anyone to download.